Here we provide a timeline introducing Sysmex’s history of seeking out new aspects of healthcare, pursuing world-first technologies and proprietary R&D, and consistently expanding the possibilities.
- 2010 Jan.
- Established a German subsidiary, HITADO GmbH, specializing in the sales and support of POCT products.
Established a Spanish subsidiary, Sysmex Espana S.L.
- 2010 Mar.
- Established a Vietnamese subsidiary, Sysmex Vietnam Company Limited.
- 2010 Apr.
- Established the Group's Long-Term Environmental Objectives.
- 2010 Jun.
- Received an Invention Award for developing a reagent to analyze formed elements in urine, from the 2010 National Commendation.
- 2010 Jul.
- Launched joint business with IDEXX, a leader in pet diagnostics.
- 2010 Aug.
- Announced business collaboration with Malvern Instruments.
- 2010 Sep.
- Established a Philippines subsidiary, Sysmex Philippines Inc.
- 2010 Oct.
- Received the Fiscal 2010 Intellectual Property Achievement Award from the Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry Patent Office.
HYPHEN BioMed, SAS became a subsidiary.
- 2010 Dec.
- Launched the world's first fully-automated integrated urine analyzer, the UX-2000, jointly developed with ARKRAY.
Launched the PROWELL Opti Health Guidance Optimization Service, an SaaS Service to help manage employee health.
Became the first in the world to automate testing of colon cancer lymph node metastasis.
- 2011 Jan.
- Established a Russian subsidiary, Sysmex RUS LLC.
- 2011 Mar.
- Joined the United Nations Global Compact.
- 2011 Apr.
- Carried out a two-for-one stock split.
Acquired Katakura Industries Co., Ltd.'s Research Institute of Biological Science.
Commenced sales of the XN-Series, our flagship model in the hematology field.
- 2011 May.
- Launched the XN-Series, our new model in the hematology field.
Received the Invention Award in the 2011 National Commendation for Invention, for technologies related to our white blood cell classification method and reagents.
- 2011 Jul.
- Launched a new model in the hemostasis field, the CS-5100 automated blood coagulation analyzer.
- 2011 Nov.
- The Sysmex Reference Counter was employed as a national standard for blood cell counting in China.
Our in vitro diagnostic system using the design concept "Silent Design®" was awarded a Good Design Gold Award 2011.
Became a special sponsor of the Kobe Marathon.
- Sysmex was the Special Sponsor of the Kobe Marathon 2011.
- 2012 Jan.
- Began offering laboratory testing services for research involving the risk of recurrence of early-stage breast cancer.
- 2012 May.
- Launched the compact XP-Series in the hematology field.
- 2012 Aug.
- Succeeded in automating rapid detection of lymph node metastasis in stomach cancer.
- 2012 Oct.
- Established a protein production center in Nishi-ku, Kobe.
- 2012 Dec.
- Launched the HISCL®-5000, a new automated immunoassay system for immunochemistry testing.
- 2013 Jan.
- XN-2000 and XN reagents received Germany’s iF Product Design Award 2013.
- 2013 Apr.
- Established Sysmex Business Support Co., Ltd.
The Sysmex Women's Track & Field Team relocated its training base to Kobe.
Established a South Korean subsidiary, Sysmex Korea Co., Ltd.
"Development of a Method of Classifying and Counting Particles for Automated Hematology Analyzers" awarded the Fiscal 2013 Commendation for Science and Technology by the Minister of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology.
Created the “Sysmex Forest.”
- 2013 May.
- Established the “Sysmex Forest” in Ono, Hyogo Prefecture.
- 2013 Jul.
- Opened the R&D Center Americas in the United States.
- 2013 Aug.
- Established a Turkish subsidiary, Sysmex Turkey Diagnostik Sistemleri Ltd. Sti.
Established Medicaroid Corporation, a marketing company for the development of medical robots, jointly with Kawasaki Heavy Industries, Ltd.
- 2013 Sep.
- Partec GmbH (presently Sysmex Partec GmbH) became a subsidiary.
- 2013 Oct.
- Inostics GmbH (presently Sysmex Inostics GmbH) became a subsidiary.
The ASTRIM FIT health monitoring analyzer was awarded a Good Design Award.
- 2013 Dec.
- The XN-2000 and XN reagents received the German Design Award.
Succeeded in the world's first practical application of technology employing a glycosylation marker to test for hepatic fibrosis, resulting in the HISCL M2BPGi Assay Kit.
- 2014 Mar.
- Accredited as an ISO/IEC 17025 and ISO/IEC 17043 Calibration Laboratory and Proficiency Testing Provider.
- 2014 Apr.
- Carried out a two-for-one stock split.
Established Sysmex Engineering Co., Ltd.
Established a Colombian subsidiary, Sysmex Colombia SAS.
"Development of a Method for Analyzing Formed Elements in Urine" awarded the Fiscal 2014 Commendation for Science and Technology by the Minister of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology.
- 2014 Jun.
- Equity participation in Riken Genesis Co., Ltd., a subsidiary of Toppan Printing Co., Ltd., for the purpose of developing a genetic testing business in personalized medicine.
Opened i-Square, an instrument factory in the city of Kakogawa.
- Established i-Square, Sysmex's new instrument factory, in Kakogawa, Hyogo Prefecture.
- 2014 Aug.
- Our CC-1001, the first commercialized automated hematology analyzer in Japan, was certified under the 3rd Heritage Program of Legacy Analytical Instruments/Scientific Instruments.
- 2014 Sep.
- Launched the HISCL®-800, a new compact automated immunoassay system for immunochemistry testing.
- 2014 Oct.
- Launched the CS-2400/2500, a new automated blood coagulation analyzer.
- 2014 Nov.
- Established a Australian subsidiary, Sysmex Australia Pty Ltd.
- 2014 Dec.
- Established a new Japanese base within IMP on Kobe Port Island to develop companion diagnostics drugs toward the realization of personalized medicine.
- 2015 Jan.
- Launched the XN-L series, a new compact model in the XN family of automated hematology analyzers.
Launched the CS-1600, a compact new automated blood coagulation analyzer model in the hemostasis field.
- 2015 Mar.
- Invested in iPS PORTAL, Inc., aiming to contribute to regenerative medicine.
- 2015 Apr.
- Established the Global Communication Center as a place to facilitate unfettered communication and prompt ideas.
- 2015 May.
- Received accreditation under ISO 15195 “Laboratory medicine - requirements for reference measurement laboratories.”
- 2015 Jun.
- Announced strategic collaboration with LabCorp for blood-based molecular testing services and products to support the development of precision medicine in oncology.
- 2015 Sep.
- Launched the UF-5000/4000/3000, fully-automated analyzers of formed elements in urine, the next-generation models in the sediment urinalysis testing field.
- 2015 Oct.
- Opened the Sysmex Open Innovation Lab in Technopark.
- 2015 Nov.
- Received the 20th “IR Grand Prix Award” from the Japan Investor Relations Association.
Opened a lab within the National Cancer Center to promote the development of new cancer diagnosis methods.
- 2015 Dec.
- Established a Ghanaian subsidiary, Sysmex West and Central Africa Ltd.
- 2016 Jan.
- Launched the UC-3500, fully-automated urine chemistry analyzer and the first product in the field of urine qualitative analysis in overseas markets.
Selected as one of the 2016 Global 100 Most Sustainable Corporations.
Launched a new product in the sediment urinalysis testing field, the UD-10 fully-automated imaging unit for formed elements in urine.
- 2016 May.
- Converted RIKEN GENESIS Co., Ltd. to a subsidiary to promote the development of a genetic testing business in the area of personalized medicine.
- 2016 Aug.
- Received the 14th Annual Merit Award from the Minister of Economy, Trade and Industry for collaborative achievement between industry, academia and government.
- 2016 Sep.
- Automated blood coagulation analyzer CA-100 certified under the 5th Heritage Program of Legacy Analytical Instruments/Scientific Instruments.
Selected for inclusion in the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index for the first time.
Received “Eruboshi” certification as an excellent company based on the Act on Promotion of Women’s Participation and Advancement in the Workplace.
- 2017 Jan.
- Selected as one of 2017 Global 100’s Most Sustainable Corporations in the world.