The 1980s was characterized by a rush of new product development.
- 1980 Oct.
- Established a European subsidiary, TOA MEDICAL ELECTRONICS (DEUTSCLAND) GMBH (presently Sysmex Europe GmbH).
- 1983 Oct.
- Launched a multi-parameter fully automated hematology analyzer, the E-series.
- 1984 Jan.
- Launched the CA-100 automated blood coagulation analyzer.
- 1985 Sep.
- Launched the CA-3000 fully automated blood coagulation analyzer. Employing robotics concepts, the new instrument enabled random processing for each specimen.
We established the new Kobe Factory and relocated our headquarters to Kobe.
- 1986 Apr.
- Established the Kobe Factory in Seishin Industrial Park, Nishi-ku, Kobe, and relocated the Techno Center (presently Technopark).
- 1987 Mar.
- Launched the PAMIA-10 automated immunochemical analyzer, which used our proprietary immunoassay method to measure tiny amounts of protein in serum.
- 1988 Aug.
- Launched the world's first automated reticulocyte analyzer, the R-1000.
- 1988 Sep.
- Launched the NE-8000 automated hematology analyzer, enabling simultaneous blood cell counting and white blood cell differentiation and employing thorough biohazard measures.
- 1989 May.
- Relocated the headquarters to Chuo-ku, Kobe, and integrated all headquarters functions as the Sales and Trade Divisions.