Here we provide a timeline introducing Sysmex’s history of seeking out new aspects of healthcare, pursuing world-first technologies and proprietary R&D, and consistently expanding the possibilities.
Launched a hematology system.
- 1990 Aug.
- Launched an integrated hematology system that fully automated the entire process from the counting of blood cells, leukocytes and reticulocytes through preparation of smear samples.
- 1991 Feb.
- Established the Ono Factory (presently Sysmex International Reagents Co., Ltd. Ono Factory) in Ono, Hyogo Prefecture and relocated the Reagent Production Division.
Globalized and moved out into the world.
- 1991 May.
- Established the U.K. subsidiary TOA MEDICAL ELECTRONICS (UK) LTD. (presently Sysmex UK Limited).
- 1992 Jul.
- Established Sysmex TMC Co., Ltd.
- 1993 Jul.
- Completed construction of the Neumünster Factory to serve as the reagent production base for Europe.
- 1993 Dec.
- Established the U.S. subsidiary SYSMEX CORPORATION (presently Sysmex Reagents America, Inc.).
Launched the SE-9000 automated hematology analyzer.
- 1995 Mar.
- Established German subsidiary SYSMEX GMBH DEUTSCHLAND (presently Sysmex Deutschland GmbH).
- Concluded a business collaboration agreement with Dade International Inc. (presently Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Inc.) for coagulation product lines.
- 1995 Jun.
- Established the joint venture JINAN DONGYA MEDICAL ELECTRONICS CO., LTD. (presently Jinan Sysmex Medical Electronics Co., Ltd.) in China.
- 1995 Jul.
- Obtained ISO 9001 certification, ensuring global standards in quality assurance.
- 1995 Nov.
- Listed on the Second Section of the Osaka Securities Exchange.
- 1995 Dec.
- Launched the UF-100, the world's first analyzer of tangible constituents of urine, with fully automated inspections of urinary sediments.
Listed on the Second Section of the Tokyo Stock Exchange.
- 1996 Jul.
- Listed on the Second Section of the Tokyo Stock Exchange.
- 1997 Feb.
- Established the U.S. subsidiary SYSMEX INFOSYSTEMS AMERICA, INC. (presently Sysmex America, Inc.).
- 1998 Feb.
- Established the Singaporean subsidiary SYSMEX SINGAPORE PTE LTD (presently Sysmex Asia Pacific Pte Ltd.).
- 1998 Apr.
- Established the Malaysian subsidiary Sysmex (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd.
- 1998 May.
- Signed a basic agreement for a global alliance concerning marketing and joint research and development with F. Hoffmann-La Roche, Ltd.
- 1998 Jul.
- Established the joint venture SYSMEX TRANSASIA BIO-MEDICALS PRIVATE LTD. (presently Sysmex India Pvt. Ltd.).
Obtained ISO 13485 certification, a global standard in quality assurance of medical devices, and EN 46001, a similar European standard.
Relocated our headquarters.
- 1998 Oct.
- Changed the company name to Sysmex Corporation, and relocated the head office to the east of Kobe.
- 1998 Dec.
- Established the Brazilian subsidiary Sysmex Do Brasil Industria e Comercio Ltda.
- 1999 Feb.
- Launched the XE-2100, an automatic multiparameter blood cell analyzer.
- 1999 Apr.
- Launched the world's first peripheral blood vessel monitoring device, ASTRIM.
- 1999 Jul.
- Established the Thai subsidiary Sysmex (Thailand) Co., Ltd.
- 1999 Dec.
- Established the Hong Kong subsidiary Sysmex Hong Kong Limited.