Research and Development
What sort of technologies does Sysmex possess?
Examples of some of our technologies are outlined below.
- ・Technologies for counting blood cells, classifying white blood cells, analyzing reticulocytes, and others for counting and classifying formed elements in the blood.
- ・Technologies for determining the existence and extent of infectious diseases (such as hepatitis and HIV), cancer-related substances and thyroid dysfunction.
- ・Technologies for rapidly determining the existence of cancer cell lymph node metastasis.
For details, please see "Sysmex's Technologies" section.
What are some of your Sysmex’s Technologies?
We are involved in a host of R&D activities that combine technologies in such areas as mechanical engineering, biology and information science.
For example, we undertake Sysmex’s Technologies such as those described below.
- ・Cell measurement technologies for detecting and analyzing the characteristics of rare or abnormal cells in the blood that can serve as an important basis for diagnosis.
- ・Protein measurement technologies that play a major role in the early detection and treatment of infectious disease, cancer, cardiovascular disease and others.
- ・Gene measurement technologies that are expected to find application in determining disease onset or recurrence risk and prediction of treatment impacts.
For details, please see the "Sysmex's Technologies" section.
What are your current themes of particular focus?
We are working to create testing and diagnostic technologies for realizing liquid biopsy* and aim to contribute to personalized medicine and primary care.
For details, please see the "R&D Vision and Directions" and "Sysmex’s Technologies" sections. * Liquid biopsy: Detection of cancer or other diseases by testing blood or other bodily fluids. This type of testing is less invasive than conventional physical biopsies.
What sort of organizations do you conduct joint R&D with?
Sysmex promotes open innovation. We are pursuing joint R&D with a variety of organizations, including universities, medical institutions, research institutions, pharmaceutical companies and venture companies.