Sysmex Joins the United Nations Global Compact
Increasing Our Emphasis on CSR Activities
Sysmex Corporation (HQ: Kobe, Japan; President: Hisashi Ietsugu) officially registered as a member of the United Nations Global Compact on February 22, 2011, thereby demonstrating our increased emphasis on activities pertaining to corporate social responsibility (CSR).
The 10 Principles of the Global Compact
- Principle 1: Businesses should support and respect the protection of internationally proclaimed human rights; and
- Principle 2: make sure that they are not complicit in human rights abuses.
- Principle 3: Businesses should uphold the freedom of association and the effective recognition of the right to collective bargaining;
- Principle 4: the elimination of all forms of forced and compulsory labour;
- Principle 5: the effective abolition of child labour; and
- Principle 6: the elimination of discrimination in respect of employment and occupation.
- Principle 7: Businesses should support a precautionary approach to environmental challenges;
- Principle 8: undertake initiatives to promote greater environmental responsibility; and
- Principle 9: encourage the development and diffusion of environmentally friendly technologies.
- Principle 10: Businesses should work against corruption in all its forms, including extortion and bribery.
*Please click here for the "Sysmex Way".