Here we provide a timeline introducing Sysmex’s history of seeking out new aspects of healthcare, pursuing world-first technologies and proprietary R&D, and consistently expanding the possibilities.
- 2000 Jan.
- Established the Chinese subsidiary Sysmex Shanghai Ltd. in Shanghai.
- 2000 Mar.
- Promoted to the First Section of the Tokyo Stock Exchange and the Osaka Securities Exchange.
Established the French subsidiary SYSMEX FRANCE S.A.R.L. (presently Sysmex France S.A.S.).
Established the Central Research Laboratories, marking the beginning of the 21st century.
- 2000 Apr.
- Established the Central Research Laboratories in the Techno Center (presently the Technopark).
The Kakogawa Factory obtained ISO 14001 certification for its global standard of environmental management.
- 2000 May.
- Established the Taiwanese subsidiary Sysmex San Tung Co., Ltd. (presently Sysmex TAIWAN Co., Ltd).
- 2001 Mar.
- Established the African Service Center to provide technical services in Africa.
- 2001 Aug.
- INTERNATIONAL REAGENTS CORPORATION (presently Sysmex International Reagents Co., Ltd.) became a subsidiary.
- 2001 Sep.
- Launched the PAMIA-40i immunoagglutination analyzer, which reduces testing time by two-thirds through whole blood testing.
Pursued further global alliances and M&A activities.
- 2001 Oct.
- Acquired Delphic Medical Systems and changed its name to Sysmex Delphic Limited (presently Sysmex New Zealand Limited).
- 2002 Mar.
- Established the Indonesian subsidiary PT. Sysmex Indonesia.
- 2002 May.
- Developed genetic testing technology that can detect cancer cell metastasis in lymph nodes within 15 minutes.
- 2002 Oct.
- RA SYSTEMS CORPORATION (presently Sysmex RA Co., Ltd.) became a subsidiary.
- 2003 Jun.
- Merged two U.S. subsidiaries, SYSMEX CORPORATION OF AMERICA and SYSMEX INFOSYSTEMS AMERICA, INC., to establish Sysmex America, Inc.
- 2003 Aug.
- Established the Chinese subsidiary Sysmex Wuxi Co., Ltd. (the second reagent factory) in Jiangsu.
The ASTRIM SU won the Good Design Award.
- 2003 Oct.
- The ASTRIM SU peripheral blood vessel monitoring system was awarded the Good Design Award.
- 2003 Dec.
- SYSMEX DELPHIC LIMITED (presently Sysmex New Zealand Limited) became a subsidiary.
- 2004 Apr.
- CNA CO., LTD. (presently Sysmex CNA Co., Ltd.) became a subsidiary.
Sysmex’s immature cell measuring reagent technology was awarded an Honorable Mention under the National Commendation for Invention in 2004.
- 2004 Jun.
- Established research and development bases at the Business Support Center for Biomedical Research Activities (BMA) on Port Island Second Stage, on Port Island in Kobe.
- 2005 Apr.
- Established the Polish subsidiary Sysmex Polsca Sp.z o.o.
Opened the Solution Center.
- 2005 May.
- Established the Solution Center in Nishi-ku, Kobe.
- 2005 Nov.
- Carried out a two-for-one stock split.
- 2005 Dec.
- Established Sysmex Women’s Track & Field Team.
- 2006 Jan.
- Launched a high-performance, compact automated hematology analyzer, the XS-Series.
- 2006 May.
- Established the South Africa subsidiary Sysmex South Africa (Pty) Ltd.
- 2006 Jul.
- Opened R&D Center Europe in Germany.
- 2006 Aug.
- Launched the in vitro diagnostics industry's first coagulation analyzer with a multi-wavelength pre-analytical check, the CS-2000i.
- 2006 Sep.
- Established the Swiss subsidiary Sysmex Digitana AG (presently Sysmex Suisse AG).
- 2006 Dec.
- Entered into agreements for joint R&D, clinical development and marketing with Affymetrix, a U.S. company that manufactures genetic analysis systems for life science research and clinical healthcare.
Formulated the Sysmex Group corporate philosophy, the “Sysmex Way.”
- 2007 Apr.
- Formulated the Sysmex Group corporate philosophy, the “Sysmex Way.”
Established the Tokyo Office and the Metropolitan Area Service Center.
- 2007 May.
- Launched a rapid respiratory infection diagnosis kit, POCTEM S Series.
- 2007 Jun.
- Formed a Global Partnership with bioMérieux (France) for urinary screening in microbiology.
- 2007 Sep.
- Established the Austrian subsidiary Sysmex Austria GmbH.
Established the Slovak subsidiary Sysmex Slovakia s.r.o.
Launched the XE-5000 automated hematology analyzer.
- 2007 Oct.
- Established the Hungarian subsidiary Sysmex Hungaria Kft.
Established the Canadian subsidiary Sysmex Canada, Inc.
Established the Czech subsidiary SYSMEX CESKA REPUBLIKA S.R.O. (presently Sysmex CZ s.r.o.).
Released the HISCL-2000i, a fully automated immunoassay analyzer enabling highly sensitive, high-speed assay.
- 2008 Apr.
- Formed a commercial joint venture with bioMérieux in the Japanese in vitro diagnostics market.
- 2008 Jun.
- Launched the RD-100i breast cancer lymph-node metastasis rapid diagnosis system, the first instrument in Japan to automate the testing of breast cancer lymph node metastasis.
Established the Dubai subsidiary Sysmex Middle East FZ-LLC.
Redesigned the corporate logo on the occasion of the 40th anniversary of the Company’s establishment.
- 2008 Oct.
- Redesigned the corporate logo on the occasion of the 40th anniversary of the Company's establishment.
Established Technopark, Sysmex's research and development headquarters, double the size of the previous Techno Centre facilities.
- 2008 Dec.
- Launched POCTEM Avian Influenza, Japan’s first rapid influenza diagnostic kit for chickens.
- 2009 Jan.
- Established the Indian joint venture Sysmex Transasia Services Pvt Ltd.
- 2009 Feb.
- Joint development, with the Osaka Prefectural Institute of Public Health, of technology to detect the avian influenza virus easily and quickly.
Launched the XT-4000i, a new model in the XT-Series of hematology analyzers.
Opened Technopark, our core R&D facility.
- 2009 Apr.
- Opened the Sysmex Kids Park, an in-house daycare center at Technopark.
Established the Dutch subsidiary Sysmex Nederland B.V.
Established the Belgian subsidiary Sysmex Belgium B.V.
- 2009 Dec.
- Opened the Diagnostic Reagent Development Center in Wuxi, China.