The corporate philosophy for the Sysmex Group, the “Sysmex Way,” defines its mission as “Shaping the advancement of healthcare.” On this basis, we have established a Long-Term Management Targets and a Mid-Term Management Plan aimed at contributing to the advancement of healthcare and a healthy life for people around the world.
Long-Term Management Targets (2020)
Sysmex’s Ideals for 2020
An Undisputed Global Leader in Hematology, Hemostasis and Urinalysis (Including Alliances)
We will build the earnings foundation to support further Group growth in the Company’s core businesses.
A Unique and Competitive Player in the Immunology Field
We will harness unique strengths that other companies cannot emulate and drive Group growth over the medium term.
An Attractive Company Providing Value and Confidence
We aim to become a highly attractive company to diverse stakeholders that offers value and reassurance.
A Leading Company in the Asian In Vitro Diagnostics (IVD) Market
We will leverage our geographic advantage to build a solid position in the Asian market in immunochemistry and other growth fields, as well as hematology.
A Leading Global Player Making a Contribution to Personalized Medicine
By augmenting value in testing (diagnostics) based on leading-edge technologies, we will accelerate Group growth and establish our global position.
One Sysmex Carrying Out High-Speed Management
Through optimal teamwork throughout the Group, we aim to be a corporate entity that conducts highly efficient and swift management.
Mid-Term Management Plan (Fiscal Years Ending March 31, 2018 to 2020)
(1) Enhance profitability through market expansion in the hematology field
- Achieve an undisputed No. 1 position in the United States
(strengthen sales promotion on the West Coast, introduction at prominent commercial labs)
- Strengthen sales to second-tier and lower hospitals in China
- Realize high rates of growth in emerging markets
(2) Expand the urinalysis testing business by increasing new product sales
- Realize an efficient work flow for urinalysis testing through a new concept
(Urine chemistry + sediment + imaging instrument + data management)
(3) Bolster profitability by increasing our global share in the hemostasis field
- Accelerate global development by leveraging our alliance with Siemens
- Accelerate introduction of fibrin reagents* (China, Japan, etc.)
* Used to test for clotting abnormalities and thrombosis
(4) Expand business and improve profitability in the immunochemistry field in Japan, China and other parts of Asia
- Expand business in the hepatic disease domain
- Launch unique parameters in China and other parts of Asia
(hepatic fibrosis test reagents, such as the M2BPGiTM assay kit)
- Improve profitability by reducing cost of sales and expand sales
(5) Establish a foundation for the FCM business
- Launch clinical FCM products
- Step up sales promotion for research and industry use
(6) Increase the life science business
- Promote the lab assay businesses of RIKEN GENESIS and Inostics
- Enter the clinical PCR market, expand business related to gene testing
- Expand the market for rapid detection of lymph node metastasis based on the OSNATM method
(7) Commercialize business in other new fields
- Generate business in ultrahigh-sensitivity HISCLTM, cervical cancer screening systems, glucose AUC (postprandial hyperglycemia monitoring system) and other new areas
(8) Enhance manufacturing speed and quality
- Strengthen development and production capacity by establishing a bio-diagnostic reagent base
- Maintain customer trust through high levels of quality and an enhanced system for stable supply
(9) Reinforce IT platforms to optimize operating processes
- Optimize supply chain processes
- Optimize engineering chain processes
(10) Strengthen human resource cultivation and human resource management to support Group growth
- Step up recruiting and cultivation of human resources who are next-generation leaders and who have advanced specialties
- Foster a working environment that embraces diverse human resources
(Promote further diversity)
<Contribute to a sustainable society>
(11) In addition to efforts to resolve healthcare issues through our products and services, we will work to be environmentally considerate, reinforce corporate governance and promote diversity, thereby providing unique and new value to diverse stakeholders and contributing to the development of society.
Financial targets (Fiscal year ending March 31, 2020)
|Net Sales||¥350.0 billion (CAGR* = 11.9%)|
|Operating income||¥72.0 billion (CAGR* = 11.7%)
(Operating margin of 20.6%)
|ROE||20% or more|
|Operating cash flow||¥55.0 billion|
|Free cash flow||¥30.0 billion|
Exchange rate assumptions: 1USD=¥110, 1EUR=¥115, 1CNY=¥16
*CAGR (compound annual growth rate): For fiscal years ending March 31, 2018 to 2020